Matter + Form is a consulting firm serving the unique needs of mission-driven organizations. We are hiring a Summer Associate Consultant for 2019; we expect this position will work 30-40 hours/week from mid-May through the end of August in our New York City office. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in high-impact and meaningful work in public sector consulting.
Matter + Form provides business planning, strategic finance, risk management, and financial turnaround services for foundations, non-profits, and for-profit organizations to accelerate and strengthen the impact of their work. Find out more at https://bymatterandform.com/
About the role:
The Summer Associate is a valued contributor who will deliver quantitative and qualitative analysis, work collaboratively with our partners and clients, develop presentations, and help solve complex business problems. Duties include:
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on strategic issues and synthesize insights from these analyses.
- Build financial models and develop tools to support financial data analysis.
- Draft and deliver high-impact presentations.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Analytical and creative in their approach to problem solving
- Team players with excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Lifelong learners who want experience at the intersection of financial sustainability and mission impact
- Proficient users of Microsoft suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Savvy with numbers: experience in financial modeling and forecasting, budgeting, and/or financial statement analysis is a plus
- Previous experience in consulting, finance, nonprofits, or higher education is a plus.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.